Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spiced Vikings

For a Viking good time.

So two of my friends (Supe and Travis) decided to have me make them a Mead.

Recipe:
10 lbs local raw honey
4 6inch long sticks of cinnamon
5 whole nutmeg
2 tablespoons of all spice

The first 1 1/2 cups of honey were offered to the Great Fay on Saturday September 10th 2011 in a half gallon growler with warm water. I then "blessed" this with about 2 minutes of shaking before putting the cheese cloth on top of the jug. This is the starter for the yeast for this mead.

By Monday night it was noticeably cloudy with trace amounts of settlement on the bottom.

Tuesday after work I decided to cap it because the settlement has gotten more noticeable and it is far more cloudy than on Monday. Hopefully by tomorrow or Thursday I should be able to actually pitch it into the rest of the mead with the spices.

I am not going to decoct  the spices this time, they will go into the primary with the rest of the ingredients.

More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment